The Coronavirus - a Letter from the Board
Kahlua Owners and Guests:
We want to address the recent concerns regarding COVID-19 (a/k/a coronavirus) and assure you we are taking all measures here at Kahlua to provide a clean and safe environment.
During this time of uncertainty, we will:
• Continue to use antibacterial cleaning solutions during our weekly cleaning.
• Close the lounge and office. However, during office hours, Debbie and Jolanta will work on-site to the extent possible. So, if you need something from the office, please call 239-463-5751. If no one is in the office, please use the emergency contact information posted on the front door.
• Require any employee or contractor who exhibits signs or symptoms of the virus to work from home or reschedule any non-essential service work.
Furthermore, in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we ask that you take the following precautions while you are at Kahlua:
• Cover your mouth when coughing (but with your sleeve or tissue and not your hands).
• Wash your hands thoroughly, and frequently, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
• Refrain from touching points of contact with your hands, if possible, such as the elevator buttons.
• Follow recommendations from the government to practice social distancing whenever possible, including the pool deck and hot tub area.
Finally, for the safety of others, we are asking that you reconsider staying at Kahlua if:
• You have traveled out of the country since February 15, 2020.
• You exhibit any signs or symptoms of the virus or have come into recent contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus.
This pandemic is certainly unprecedented for us and we will continue to monitor and assess the information from local, state and federal authorities. As such, we may need to adjust the policies and practices outlined above. Hopefully, this will pass in coming weeks and we can resume normal activities without restrictions and precautions.
Please contact Debbie or Jolanta if you have any questions or would like to discuss this issue further. Thank you all in advance for your assistance with this issue and your patience while we deal with it. Please continue to check the website for any additional updates.
The Board of Directors March 17, 2020