Tuesday, November 30, 3:00 pm
Good afternoon Kahlua owners. Since the Board meeting a few weeks ago, we have made some progress. Here are few highlights:
1. We have received the shoring plan for our balconies from the structural engineer and conveyed that to the contractor(s) we are hoping to work with on that project. We are being told we should have an estimate within a few days and hope to enter into a contract for the site clean-up and shoring of the balconies soon thereafter. This has taken much longer than anticipated, but we are confident that by going about it in a deliberate manner, it will ultimately be more economically beneficial to us.
2. As part of the above process, we are still working with the structural engineer to gain access to floors 3-5 to assess the damages. Again, we hope we can inspect them with our insurance adjusters very soon.
3. We have an estimate from our roofing contractor, but they cannot begin any repair work until we obtain clearance from the structural engineers to go up there.
4. The elevator company was at Kahlua and has advised us that we will need to replace the elevator. We should have the estimated costs in about two weeks.
5. We recently had someone out to bid the fire alarm system.
6. We submitted an application for an SBA loan (thanks LeAnn!). We have some additional documents needed to supplement the application, but we should have that completed soon.
Thanks again for your patience as we continue to work through these difficult times.